What is Contact Improvisation?
Contact Improvisation is a contemporary dance form which explores the dynamics of living inside of physics and is based on the deep communication of touch between dance partners. It is most commonly practiced in duet form and is shaped by following the point of connecting touch between partners as they play with gravitational pull, and the kinetic possibilities within momentum, friction, and inertia.
Erica is currently teaching Contact Improv on Thursdays at 7pm at PSU Arts Bldg.
Contact Improvisation with Erica
Some of Erica’s Recent Teaching & Dancing Schedule
- Lîla Yoga Retreat at Shambhala Mountain Center, includes Contact Improvisation Workshop: Pathways into Flight, May 29 – 31, 2009
- Breitenbush Contact Improvisation Jam March 5 – 13, 2009 — Jamming
- Juniata College, Huntingdon, USA, teaching CI, Jan 22 – May 12, 2009
- Israel Contact Festival, International Faculty, December 20 – Jan 6, 2009 — Teaching at Greenhouse and Intensive in Tel-Aviv
- Bewegungs-art in Freiburg, Germany, December 12 – 19, 2009 - Week-long residency teaching contemporary dance.
- Earthdance—A post CI36 Exchange, Mass, USA, June 19 – 26
- CI36, June 8 – 18, 2008, Juniata College, USA — Teaching, dancing, organizing, talking, rolling, flying…
- Frieburg Contact Festival, in Germany taught, danced, rolled in 2006
Enjoy Part 1:
And now for Part 2: